Application Developer Temporary Job6 months ago - Application Developer - Halifax - 89 views
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 19,000 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that celebrated 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
The Faculty of Computer Science (FCS) offers degrees tailored to match individual interests in a high-tech discipline at the forefront of innovation. Staff work with faculty members to help build a foundation for student success as students prepare, through academics and research, for a career in one of the world’s hottest growth industries. Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, the Application Developer will maintain and extend existing website and software applications and collaborate with faculty and staff to build new applications that support pursuit of the faculty’s strategic goals. The incumbent will gather business and technical requirements and translate them into features within these applications.
• Lead the design, organization, operation, and access management of a software ecosystem to enable the pursuit of the Computer Science Faculty’s strategic objectives.
• Propose projects and evaluate projects proposed by others, factoring in the many forms of commitment that exist in delivering web-software services (hardware required, software purchase vs custom-build, financial impact, deployment/development/training time, etc.)
• Plan, design, implement and document web-based projects for the Faculty ensuring use of reusable software components and system abstraction.
• Design, write and maintain programming code repository that spans across back-end systems (business work flows, databases, maintenance and monitoring) and front-end systems, CMS templates, dynamic page components), and databases for various applications used in the administration and management of the Faculty.
• Analyse business processes in collaboration with faculty and staff and build custom web-based software using the full-stack of web technologies.
Applications from university employees and external candidates are given concurrent consideration. Among short listed candidates, university employees will be given special consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.