Front End Developer Full-time Job3 months ago - Frontend Developer - Ottawa - 134 views
We are looking for a Front End Development Engineer for our Ottawa, Canada team. As a Front End Development Engineer for the Data Protection on Demand team, you will conduct product research leading to new or improved products. You will create or enhance software products based on specifications developed in conjunction with subject matter experts within Thales.
- Design, code/debug and test new/existing software modules.
- Contribute towards development of new approaches and techniques and perform code reviews for the team.
- Participate in the development of larger modules which may also include requirements analysis, adhering to secure coding practices and detailing design aspects under the direction of experienced engineers.
- Use source control tools and related processes/procedures and build mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 years experience in software engineering role highly proficient in fundamentals of computer science, operating systems, networking fundamentals and knowledge of SDLC.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant field of study. BE/B. Tech/ M. Tech/MCA or 8 years experience
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology
- Experience in working with strong authentication solutions using OTP or identity management solution is a plus.
- Java, Go, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and Linux experience.
- Lodash,TypeScript, Webpack,Karma, Jasmine, Babel & CoreJS
- We would like someone to join our team who is goal oriented, focused and a dedicated individual
- Learning agility, with excellent analytical, and communication skills.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Established in 1972, Thales in Canada has 1,800 employees in Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver working in Defence, Avionics and Transportation markets. Thales in Canada is a 500 million (CAD) a year business, with a range of customers including Canadian and overseas urban rail operators, civil aviation, and defence and security agencies.