Senior Specialist, IT Portfolio Full-time Job6 months ago - IT Manager - Ottawa - 65 views
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this exciting full-time permanent opportunity within the Business Relationship & Portfolio Management team, you will responsible for overseeing, coordinating and/or leading IT project commitments (scope, schedule, and budget) within your assigned client portfolio. Depending on the size/complexity of the projects, you will be the primary point of contact within IT for challenging, influencing and ensuring the planning and delivery of IT components are on time, on budget and to specifications. You will also be coordinating CMHC’s stakeholder input/participation as required to deliver IT activities and working with the business lines and our IT Partners to drive successful project outcomes while managing timely resolution and escalation of project issues and risks. The incumbent will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
This position is based in Ottawa.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC’s values.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Commerce, or in a related field with a minimum of seven (7) years of increasing responsibilities and relevant work experience in IT project management. An equivalent combination of related education and work experience may be considered.
- Proven project and/or portfolio management experience (i.e. scope, schedule, and budget).
- Demonstrated work experience and skills in providing IT advice, recommendations, guidance and services to influence the resolution of issues and potential workarounds to mitigate project risks and delays
- Demonstrated experience in creating presentations, reports and briefings for Senior Management.
- A trusted, results-oriented team player with proven analytical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to adjust communication to address/meet needs of targeted audience.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, matrix-based team environment.
- Ability to proactively collaborate across business and IT departments to achieve cross functional success.
- Ability to balance the big picture with meeting the day-to-day needs of the organization.
- Persistent, determined and resilient, with a strong focus on outcomes and a customer service orientation.
- Professional designation in Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Scrum Master Certification, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (or above) or other relevant licence, designation, or certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in working in partnership with IT third party providers.
- Bilingualism (English and French).
What you will be doing
- Overseeing, challenging and ensuring the delivery of projects managed by third party vendors.
- Ensuring adherence and delivery of projects in accordance with established processes/practices
- Coordinating delivery of CMHC business inputs and dependencies to deliver IT projects on time, on budget and to scope, including supporting project planningand business readiness activities, risk and issues management.
- Proposing, and supporting the implementation of processes and artifacts to carry out Portfolio Management responsibilities.
- Tracking and monitoring project outcomes, coordinating project closure and and post-project reviews for continuous improvement purposes.
- Coordinating day-to-day interactions and communications with project stakeholders.
- Consolidating and coordinating prioritization and execution IT changes within an assigned Application Portfolio with our Business and IT Partners for release planning purposes (i.e. identify logical grouping or bundling of changes into releases,
- Managing, internal projects that do not have a dedicated Project Manager, including tracking budget, schedule, resource allocation, progress, variances, and deliverable acceptance/sign-off.
- Leveraging CMHC’s project management methodology and industry leading practices to ensure that relevant knowledge, skills, tools and techniques are applied to portfolio management and project delivery.
- Providing guidance and coaching on standard project management practices
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.