Senior UX/UI Designer - Sledgehammer Games Full-time Job6 months ago - UX/UI Designer - Vancouver - 200 views
As a Senior UX/UI Designer you will be working on overall UX flow and user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production. You will be providing UX, UI and Interaction design and documentation for various aspects of the game, UI Design system, and be a part of implementation. We value a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile designer to join our team in the San Francisco Bay area. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking gameplay with a proven team, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Works on the UI design (Flows Menus and HUDs) to meet design goals.
- Works closely with UX Lead and Systems Designers to create an exceptional overall user experience throughout the game.
- Creates Prototypes and documentation
- Works closely with UI artists and UI engineers to deliver the best possible consistent user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements.
- Takes active role in implementation and feature delivery.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of the UX field
- Thee plus years of practical work experience in the field
- Has created a complete UX Flow for at least one shipped AAA title
- Has basic knowledge of LUA or any other scripting language
- Has advanced skills in 2D animation
- Team player
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Takes and understands direction and feedback well
- Meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks and/or priorities
- Experience in Game Design
- Proficiency in Visual Design
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Five years of Game Industry experience is preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Founded in 1979 as the first independent video game software developer and distributor, the company launched a series of multi-million unit selling titles in the early 1980s for the Atari 2600 including Pitfall, Kaboom! and River Raid. And since then, Activision has created some of the most iconic and memorable game experiences of all time.
Today, the company is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products for various consoles, handheld platforms and the PC. Over the past five years, we have continued to thrive as a leading digital entertainment provider whose games appeal to a variety of gamers.